Just before 2013 ends… An episode we recorded in 2012!
- New member – David Davis of Cosmic Dash!
- Cosmic Dash
- Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtles
- Sci-Fi TV, especially the Battlestar Galactica reboot
- Editing notes
- And yet no bleeping or anything in this next part about fandom and shipping! (Warning: language)
- Ringtones and video games
- Breaking News! (About Doctor Who series 7. Probably should have edited this sooner…)
- Missing Episodes (Some of which have been found since)
- Sports in Sci-Fi
- Breaking News! (About Red Dwarf X.)
- PodWarp feedback?
- Where Is My Sandwich?
- …And more!
Episode 39 – The Inexplicable Adventures of Professor Henrold P. Quiggleshiggles and his Tomfoolery GeneratorAugust 22, 2012 on 1:05 pm | In Podcast | 1 Comment
Mark, Ben, and Tom talk about:
- The Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover
- Other crossovers that would work
- Terry Nation
- Blake’s 7 remake?
- Space: 2099?
- Multiple Doctors
- Bob Baker
- Terrance Dicks
- Doctor Who books
- The Inexplicable Adventures of Ben at Comic-Con on Saturday (and his Tomfoolery Generator)
- The Hobbit
- Discworld Adaptations
- Dirk Gently
- Science: Fact or Fiction?
- Red Dwarf
- Netflix getting into the business of making their own TV shows
- Superman music
- Professor Henrold P. Quiggleshiggles reboot?
- Sam Jones from the Flash Gordon movie
Mark, Ben, and Tom are joined by Steve Troop for an episode that came from an old tape we just discovered, that obviously got here by way of a time warp…
- Recording – Technology is amazing!
- Maybe renaming this thing because Galactica 1980 was awful.
- This is such a golden age of Sci-Fi!
- Except Star Trek II. That’s obviously going to be terrible.
- Star Wars prequels would be the best thing ever!
- We get all our information from Starlog Magazine.
- More movie rumors.
- Superman movies need a lot more humor.
- They should have fans write all the scripts!
- What about this new thing George Lucas is doing with Han Solo?
- Maybe Star Trek should try something with a new crew, in the future.
- They need to make a sequel to The Black Hole!
- There’s no future in computer animation.
- Flash Gordon! More movies need a Queen soundtrack.
- More movie ideas.
- They should make more TV series sequels to movies!
- Those Monty Python guys should make another movie. Maybe something sci-fi.
- How much time is left on this tape?
- The record industry is coming to get us.
- Ideas for the future!
- We should draw sci-fi comics!
- On the computer?
- Digital watches are a pretty neat idea!
- PodWarp 2200?
- Recording TV shows on Beta!
Just in time for the fireworks, a new episode! Mark and Tom discuss:
- Drawing explosions
- Explosions in TV shows and movies
- What’s the gas mileage like on a used starship?
- Reusing the same effects shots over and over
- Is this a phone-in show?
- More explosions in different TV shows
- Starship battles
- More explosions in different movies
- Advantages and disadvantages of CGI
- Alien invasions during the fireworks
- More fireworks
- Blowing up planets in alternate dimensions for reference
- Alien invasions
- Any webcomics about alien invasions?
- Finding webcomics – links pages, inkOUTBREAK, Comic Rocket
- Comic communities
- TopWebcomics, StumbleUpon, Reddit
- Should we have started earlier?
- Starslip ended
- Missing episodes
Do you produce a science fiction webcomic? Do you have a healthy knowledge of classic science fiction movies and TV? Do you like going off on tangents about a variety of topics? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
PodWarp 1999 and Quark Comics are looking to expand. We’re trying to find the perfect fit to join our core of science fiction webcomic creators. Not only will this lucky individual gain the benefits of exposure on our website and our cross promotional box, but he or she will become one of the regular hosts of the PodWarp 1999 scifi/comic podcast. Help us make the greatest science fiction comic collective even greater.
All you need to do is send us a link to your comic with a brief “Why I should be chosen for PodWarp 1999″ statement to let us know why you should be chosen for PodWarp 1999. The address to send it to is podwarp1999@NOSPAMcomicostrich.com. Good luck, and happy scifi-ing.
Another new episode, with Mark and Tom!
Some show notes:
- We recorded this episode before! Except we didn’t.
- Ray Bradbury
- Rereading your old comics
- Crossovers that should never happen
- PodWarp 1999 definitely does not check Wikipedia while recording
- Crossovers again: There has to be a fight!
- This episode was a reboot! But it had the same cast…
- Setting things in the near future
- Setting things in a fake past
An actual new episode, actually recorded with the actual Mark, Ben, and Tom!
Some show notes:
- We introduce ourselves again
- News from Tom: Since the last episode of PodWarp, Station V3 turned 8. And 9.
- News from Ben: Jump Leads will be ending soon, and will be launching a new webcomic, Deadlong, on June 12.
- We go off on a tangent about Wizards and Monoliths
- This episode may be hazardous to your health
- We discuss people with writing credits on multiple shows, and people who aren’t Ben that watch Hannah Montana
- There’s a good deal on the Alien trilogy on Blu-Ray!
- Mark bought a Blu-Ray player to watch John Carter on
- News from Mark: Mark has written a book, Acting For Artists, and developed a steampunk spy role-playing card game, Steam Spy
- Can we count The Flintstones as sci-fi?
- Mark is also working on material for a UFO teaching curriculum
- We discuss crossovers, including the Star Trek/Doctor Who comic book that just came out
- Buffers – Good Idea or Bad Idea?
- Alien vs. Breadator
- This podcast needs a moderator
- We discuss Tom Preston being squirted with water, and other convention incidents
- We end on an important question!
A short episode, as Mark and Tom try to get back up to speed with this “podcasting” thing, and connection problems unfortunately keep Ben away.
Since we don’t have any new episodes ready to go at the moment, how about one from 2008 that we never released instead?
- The space plague
- Distractions, procrastination, and inspiration
- That car with the clown honk
- Comic transcriptions
- Eating cardboard in the future
- Dr. Who DVDs
- Aluminum foil hats
- Beaming comics into people’s brains
- Burning comics onto toast
- Dr. Ron Chevalier
(Please don’t judge us…)
It’s a full crew on this episode recorded last October, with Jim, Mark, Ben, and Tom discussing:
- Star Trek
- Sci-Fi comedy
- Other things!
(You may already have this one from the temporary episode archive on the forum – or you may not. Either way, enjoy!)